INTERESTED IN TAKING A COURSE?
The minimum course size is 6 participants. Courses may be cancelled up to two days prior to the course date if the minimum number is not registered. Refunds on pre-paid courses will be issued with 7 days cancellation notice only. Affiliate approved training will be invoiced following the training session, and individuals will not be charged.
Affiliates of the YFL as of July 1, 2013 are: Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW), International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Locals 1574 and 993, Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC North), United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters (UA) Local 310, United Steelworkers, and the Yukon Employees’ Union (YEU-PSAC). Affiliates receive discounted rates on all courses.
Sometimes we offer courses based on group interest. Here are some of the courses we offer:
HEALTH & SAFETY TRAINING
- Advanced Occupational Health & Safety for Committees
- Basic Occupational Health & Safety
- Incident Investigation
- Preventing Violence in the Workplace
- Understanding & Preventing Stress in the Workplace
- Shop Steward Training: One
- Shop Steward Training: Two
- Collective Bargaining
- Facing Management
- Women in Leadership (2 Days)
- Media & Communications Training One
- Media & Communications Training Two
- Introduction to Capacity Building (Fundraising) for Non-Profits